Friday, March 03, 2006

Buck Supporters Unite!

Good morning, everyone. I'm pleased to announce that this is officially a Team Blog. In the interest of increasing ability to keep this blog up-to-the-minute and maximize our combined efforts, Curtis has been so kind as to invite me to join him in his blog. My name is Tom Kessler, and like Curtis, I am deeply saddened by the omission of Buck O'Neil from the 2006 induction class of the Baseball Hall of Fame. My response was to author a Buck O'Neil Online Petition, and through the grass-roots efforts of Buck's fans, we have collected over 170 signatures to date. But we don't plan to stop there. Our goal is 100,000 unique signatures from around the country and around the globe. With your help, we can make it happen.

Our interest is simple: make it as easy as possible for the Hall of Fame to do what they already know is right, and give Buck O'Neil his due. We can't do it without your help, so if you would like to help us by contacting sports media, bloggers, sports message board posters and the like, please email me at BuckOneilHOF@gmail.com and let me know what you plan to do, or what you have already done, so we can avoid duplicating effort. I've seen the internet accomplish things people thought impossible (just ask Trent Lott :) ), and with all of our support, we will see the day that Buck O'Neil is enshrined in the Hall of Fame, where he belongs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home